Truffle Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 packed cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- 24 truffles, chilled overnight in the freezer (I used the Kirkland truffles from Costco)
- Chill the truffles in the freezer overnight.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter with the brown and white sugars. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract. Finally, with the mixer running on low, add the dry ingredients and mix just until they incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and stir them by hand. Cover and chill the dough for at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. To form the cookies, scoop a rounded spoon of dough (about 2 tablespoons worth) and flatten it slightly in your palm. Place a chilled truffle in the centre and wrap the dough around the truffle, rolling it slightly to make a sphere without gaps.
- Bake the cookies at 325 F for 14-16 minutes. They’re done when the cookies are just turning golden along the outer edge.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet. These are best enjoyed slightly warm!
Recipe adapted from Balsamic Truffle Cookies at Sugar Hero. http://www.sugarhero.com/recipes/?recipe_id=6032933